Vrede Scientists are research experts in both medical and mechanical technology. While not as
strong as Operatives, their vast knowledge gives them the technological edge.
|Primary Skills||Secondary Skills|
- Minimum Required Physrep: May take the form of any playable race, with the addition of extensive metallic or glowing veins on skin and clothing. May take features from several different races. Vrede can change their appearances overnight, but cannot replicate the appearance of one specific person.
- Can’t Take it With You: Due to their shapeshifting ability, Scientists cannot wear armour.
- Fragile: Scientists start with 1 point of Endurance rather than 3.
- Natural Born Analyst: When performing Engineering or Medicae Hacking or Analysis tasks, the time required is reduced by 1 minute per rank of the relevant skill – for example, at Tier 3 Medicae, Medicae Analysis time would be reduced by three minutes. The time cannot be reduced below the number of people required by the task.
- Versatile Research: Vrede Scientists can research both Engineering and Medical technologies, and may spend their Engineering and Medical Work Points (EWP and MWP) collectively to research both Engineering and Medical projects, if they have the appropriate skills.
- Versatile Teacher: Vrede Scientists can teach the crafting of an Engineering or Medical item that they know how to make to those with the relevant crafting skill. Only one character may be taught at a time, and only items that have been fully learned or researched by the Scientist may be taught. Vrede-Tech cannot ordinarily be taught to non-Vrede characters.
- Vrede-Tech: New Scientists are issued with an array of Vrede-Tech items, which are genetically keyed to the owner, can only be used by them, and will deactivate permanently upon their death. These must be physrepped by the player. These are lammie items and the player should collect their lammies from the Games Organisation Desk on character creation. Without a lammie attached to an appropriate physrep, a player cannot use the ablities of these items. All Scientists are issued with the following:
- A Vrede-Tech light energy shield, granting 4 armour hits.
- A Universal Systems Analyser (or “Omnispec” for short). This takes the form of a small portable computer that assists with a variety of both medical and engineering tasks.
- No Regimental Training: Vrede Scientists do not receive a Regimental Skill on character creation. They may buy it as a secondary skill.