I understand all pieces of the Omega: when they threaten you I can turn them in on themselves, showing a mirror into the abyss.
Abilities granted by this skill cost Focus Points (FP) to activate, and their costs are listed in the description of each ability below.
Omega abilities will almost always cost the same amount of FP as the tier of the skill they are from. To use an ability in this skill set, you must spend at least 5 seconds verbally activating the ability, so that those around you can hear it, before indicating a target and announcing the effect. Do not mumble or whisper your vocals.
Although the vocals used to initiate an ability can be longer than 5 seconds, and as varied as you like, your vocals must contain the words “Omega”, “Protection” and the name of the ability you are using.
For the purposes of the Protect ability specifically, you do not need to say the word “protection” twice during your vocals. When the name of the ability and the sphere it comes from are the same, you need only say the name once.
- Resist Ability to resist a Focus call from an Omega ability being used against you, for the Focus Point cost equal to the cost of the power you are resisting. After the appropriate vocals, the call is “Focus (X) Resist ”, where (X) indicates the FP cost of the ability used against you, and is the name of the call you are resisting. You can begin activating this ability while the enemy is performing their vocals, or immediately after the power is used against you.
- May use Tier 1 Omega Protection abilities.
- Protect Ability to affect yourself, or a willing target within touch range, with a warding against ranged Focus calls for 30 seconds, for a cost of 2 FP. After the appropriate vocals, say “Focus 2 Protect”. This removes any active Focus calls on the target, and they must call “Resist Focus” to all ranged Focus calls directed at them for the next 30 seconds. If you attempt to use any Omega abilities whilst under the effects of this call then they will automatically fail.
- Once per day, may spend 2 FP to Resist any ranged Focus call from Omega abilities used against you, using the call “Resist Focus “.
- May use Tier 1 and 2 Omega Protection abilities. Example: Before using Protect (for a cost of 2 FP) you might say, “By the power of the Omega, I offer protection to my allies!” followed by the call “Focus 2 Protect”.
- Shield Ability to affect yourself with a shield against physical damage for 30 seconds for a cost of 3 FP. After the appropriate vocals, say “Focus 3 Shield”. While under the effects of this ability, you must call “Resist” to any damage hits that are not preceded by the “Focus” or “Omega” calls. You are still affected by physical non-damage calls such as Repel and Knockdown. For example, if hit by “Blast 3”, you would respond to this call with “Resist”, and take no damage, but will still take the Knockdown effect caused by the Blast call. If you attempt any hostile actions or use any Omega abilities whilst under the effects of this call, the effect ends immediately.
- Twice per day, may spend 2 FP to Resist any ranged Focus call from Omega abilities used against you, using the call “Resist Focus “.