Vrede Operatives are skilled fighters and engineers. They use unique technology to complement
their combat skills.
|Primary Skills||Secondary Skills|
- Minimum Required Physrep: May take the form of any playable race, with the addition of extensive metallic or glowing veins on skin and clothing. May take features from several different races. Vrede can change their appearances overnight, but cannot replicate the appearance of one specific person.
- Can’t Take it With You: Due to their shapeshifting ability, Operatives cannot wear armour.
- Natural Born Engineer: When performing Engineering Hacking or Analysis tasks, the time required is reduced by 1 minute per rank of the Operative’s Engineering skill – for example, at Tier 3 Engineering, Engineering Analysis time would be reduced by three minutes. The time cannot be reduced below the number of people required by the task.
- Team Leader: At higher tiers of Engineering, Operatives may lead groups of people with the Engineering skill in mending and repairing items.
- Engineering Research: Vrede Operatives may spend their Engineering Work Points (EWP) to research Engineering projects if they have the Engineering skill.
- Engineering Teacher: Vrede Operatives can teach the crafting of an Engineering item that they know how to make to those with the Engineering skill. Only one character may be taught at a time, and only items that have been fully learned or researched by the Operative may be taught. Vrede-Tech cannot ordinarily be taught to non-Vrede characters.
- Vrede-Tech: New Operatives are issued with an array of Vrede-Tech items, which are genetically keyed to the owner, can only be used by them, and will deactivate permanently upon their death. These must be physrepped by the player. These are lammie items and the player should collect their lammies from the Games Organisation Desk on character creation. Without a lammie attached to an appropriate physrep, a player cannot use the ablities of these items.
- All Operatives are issued with the following:
- A Vrede-Tech light energy shield, granting 4 armour hits.
- A Universal Systems Analyser (or “Omnispec” for short). This takes the form of a small
- portable computer that assists with a variety of both medical and engineering tasks.
- A Vrede-Tech rifle, that can call one of the calls: Through, Stun, Knockdown, or Disarm, once per encounter.
- No Regimental Training: Vrede Operatives do not receive a Regimental Skill on character creation. They may buy it as a secondary skill.