Tinkerers are the engineers in mascen society. They are experts at creating items with limited
resources, and can substitute crystals for items that they cannot find.
|Primary Skills||Secondary Skills|
|Free Starting Skills||Engineering or Self Sufficient|
|Starting Skill Points||3|
|Maximum Physical Armour Type||Medium|
- Minimum Required Physrep: Tinkerers must have grey or green skin and pointed ears.
- Ancestral Aid: When crafting, Tinkerers are able to substitute any 1 resource with an Omega Crystal of equal or higher rarity.
- Engineering Research: Tinkerers may spend their Engineering Work Points (EWP) to research Engineering projects if they have the Engineering skill.
- Fragile: Tinkerers start with 1 point of Endurance rather than 3.
- Multispec: New Tinkerers are issued with a personalised Multispectrum Systems Analyser (or “Multispec” for short). This takes the form of a small portable computer that assists with a variety of engineering tasks, and must be physrepped by the player. This is a lammie item and the player should collect their lammie from the Games Organisation Desk on character creation. Without a lammie attached to an appropriate physrep, they cannot use the Hack or Analyse abilities of the Engineering skill.
- Resourceful: When using the Self Sufficient skill, Tinkerers have the ability to pick one extra card and then return one, without it taking effect.
- No Regimental Training: Mascen Tinkerers do not receive a Regimental Skill on character creation. They may buy it as a secondary skill.