Experts with bows and modern weapons alike, the Tae’go Vanguard are a formidable foe, often
found at the forefront of any attack.
|Primary Skills||Secondary Skills|
|Heavy Weapons||Melee weapons|
- Minimum Required Physrep: Vanguard have a dinosaur-like appearance. All exposed skin must be scaled and coloured (either full face paint or prosthetics) and the head must be adorned by a large crest or large horns; tails and frills are optional.
- Armoured Scales: Vanguards receive 2 extra armour points even without wearing armour. These will stack with physical armour and energy shields and must be repaired the same way as regular armour.
- Canny: Once per encounter, a Vanguard may use a ‘once per encounter’ call 1 additional time from the Rifle or Heavy Weapons skill, provided they already have access to that skill.
- Proper Training: Vanguards may move at a slow walking pace whilst using a heavy weapon, and they count as two team members when crewing a super heavy weapon (only applicable if they have the Heavy Weapons skill).
- War Cry: Twice per day a Vanguard may call “Zone Fear” on an indicated target within a range of 10 metres (30 ft) from the user. This may not be used twice in the same encounter.
- Reptilian Physiology: Due to the difference in medical methods, Vanguards cannot work in teams with Human Medics.
- No Regimental Training: Vanguards do not receive a Regimental Skill on character creation. They may buy it as a secondary skill.