An army without a medic would not last very long. Medics are experts in keeping people alive as
well as being able to research and craft a variety of medical technology and pharmaceuticals to
enhance soldiers’ performance.
|Primary Skills||Secondary Skills|
|Free Starting Skills||Grit or Medicae and Regimental Skill|
|Starting Skill Points||2|
|Maximum Physical Armour Type||Medium|
- Death Watch: Medics can spend 5 seconds of appropriate roleplay to call “Death Watch”. This is used to diagnose a Wounded character, to which a character should respond with “healthy”, “exhausted“, “wounded“, or “dead”. Wounded characters should add the current time of their death count. They should not then continue to count out loud.
- Medical Research: Medics may spend their Medical Work Points (MWP) to research Medical projects if they have the Medicae skill.
- Medical Supplies: Medics are issued with an additional 2 dermograft patches per event.
- Medispec: New Medics are issued with a personalised Medical Systems Analyser (or “Medispec” for short). This takes the form of a small portable computer that assists with a variety of medical tasks, and must be physrepped by the player. This is a lammie item and the player should collect their lammie from the Games Organisation Desk on character creation. Without a lammie attached to an appropriate physrep, they cannot use the Death Watch or Analyse abilities of the Medicae skill.
- Medicae Teacher: Medics can teach the crafting of a Medical item that they know how to make to those with the Medicae skill. Only one character may be taught at a time, and only items that have been fully learned or researched by the Medic may be taught.
- Team Leader: At higher tiers of Medicae, Medics may lead groups of people with the Medicae skill in Healing Wounds and Restoring Endurance.
- Regimental Training: New Medics will start with Tier 1 of their regiment’s specialist skill, and this skill counts as a primary skill for the purposes of spending skill points.